GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf
Key information for the 2017 GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf
- Registration opens on the 31st Of October 2016
- GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf Friday 6th Jan 2017
- GMHBA Lorne Pier to Pub Saturday 7th Jan 2017
The GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf is in its 33rd year. The run is an 8km fun run starting in Lorne and continuing through the forest and then along the Great Ocean Road and finishing at the Lorne Surf Life Saving Club. The next GMHBA Mountain to Surf will be held on Friday, January 8, 2016 starting at 8:30am. This is a fantastic event which caters for all the family as well as the more serious runners.
The start time is 8:30 AM We have moved to a morning start so that it will be at a cooler time of the day, which will make the event more pleasurable and safer.
To enter the event you need to go to www.lornesurfclub.com.au and follow the prompts to enter the GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf. Entries open on November 5th and will close when we reach the maximum number of competitors.
The cost to enter the event is $55 for adults and $45 for children under 18. There are no entries on the day.
If the run has to be cancelled due to heat or fire policies by Lorne SLSC the event will not be re-run. There will not be any refunds; however competitors will be given a discount for the following year.
A brief description of the run
- The run starts in Williams St in Lorne, to get to the start go up Bay St.
- The run is started in pulses, the first pulse of 200 runners starts at 8:30am. And then 200 further runners every two minutes. Aim to be at the start at least 15 minutes prior to the start. Start and finish timing mats calculate your race time.
- The run heads up the hill and then into the forest behind Lorne
- The first drink station is at the Allenvale carpark, there are drink stations, at the mouth of the George River (on the Great Ocean Road) and at the Pier and again at the finish. We advise all runners to grab a drink as hydration is important for you safety and comfort.
- When you head off the road and into the forest allow other runners to pass you, the track is narrow in places.
- You MUST obey the race officials when crossing the Great Ocean Road as traffic is flowing one way.
- Once you leave the road the course is along the track and finishes back in front of the surf club.
Remember it’s a fun run.
Enter the GMHBA Lorne Pier to Pub &
Mountain to Surf
Created: 15/Jun/2008 - 09:15 AM Last updated: 22/Aug/2015 - 12:00 PM