GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf
Key information for the 2018 GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf
- GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf Friday 12th Jan 2018
- GMHBA Lorne Pier to Pub and GMHBA Lorne 5000, Saturday 13th Jan 2018
Enter here from the 6th of Nov
The GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf is in its 35th year. The run is an 8km fun run starting in Lorne and continuing through the forest and then along the Great Ocean Road and finishing at the Lorne Surf Life Saving Club.
The next GMHBA Mountain to Surf will be held on Friday, January 12, 2018 starting at 8:30am. This is a fantastic event which caters for all the family as well as the more serious runners.
Entries open on 6 November 2017.
Adult entry price - $57.00
Junior entry price - $47.00
Late entries from 15 December 2017 - $80.00
Be at the start in Williams St prior to 8:30am. The start is a pulse start 200 runners at a time. Last start is at 8:50 am.
A brief description of the run
- The run starts in Williams St in Lorne, to get to the start go up Bay St.
- The run is started in pulses, the first pulse of 200 runners starts at 8:30am. And then 200 further runners every two minutes. Aim to be at the start at least 15 minutes prior to the start. Start and finish timing mats calculate your race time.
- The run heads up the hill and then into the forest behind Lorne
- The first drink station is at the Allenvale carpark, there are drink stations, at the mouth of the George River (on the Great Ocean Road) and at the Pier and again at the finish. We advise all runners to grab a drink as hydration is important for you safety and comfort.
- When you head off the road and into the forest allow other runners to pass you, the track is narrow in places.
- You MUST obey the race officials when crossing the Great Ocean Road as traffic is flowing one way.
- Once you leave the road the course is along the track and finishes back in front of the surf club.
Withdrawals and refunds
We accept withdrawals from the run up to the 15th of December 2017. We charge a 15 dollar fee for a withdraw. After the 15th of December 2017 we do not offer refunds.
If the run has to be cancelled due to heat or fire policies by Lorne SLSC the event will not be re-run. There will not be any refunds; however competitors will be given a discount for the following year.
Created: 15/Jun/2008 - 09:15 AM Last updated: 10/Nov/2017 - 09:44 PM