Registration for Nippers Summer Intensive, SRC and Gap Year have just closed.
23/24 Lorne Nipper ansd SRC Summer Intensive Programs
The Lorne Nippers and SRC programs aim to help kids from U7 – U15 to learn water and beach awareness, safety, and to be introduced to surf lifesaving in a fun and safe environment. It’s about learning and developing skills, making new friends, participating in a group and importantly having fun!
Lorne also offers a training and development squad for those who are interested in honing their skills to compete in surf carnivals. Contact Kirilee Wilson our Nippers Competition Team Manager for more details.
1. Nippers Summer Intensive: Dec 27 – Jan 4. Cost $85
27 December – Nipper kit pick up, 2.00pm – 4.00pm Downstairs in front of club.
28 December – Program day 1, including special presenter
29 December – Program day 2
30 December – Program day 3, including special guests & Nippers Karaoke 5-7pm
31 December – Program day 4
1 January – Rest Day
2 January – Program day 5
3 January – Program day 6 & ArtShow
4 January – Program day 7 Fun Day & Presentations
Other dates to consider …
- Friday 5th Jan – Cosy Corner Carnival for Lorne Competition Team (New Members Welcome. Must rsvp by Friday 29th December.)
- Saturday 6th Jan – Nipper Club Champs at Lorne (All Lorne Nippers welcome – must rsvp)
2. Nippers Squad: 5pm Fridays & 10am Sundays in Term 4 & Term 1 plus some dates over the summer holidays. Cost is covered by membership.
Must RSVP for all sessions. Join Lorne Nippers Squad on TeamApp for Comms & to RSVP.
3. Nippers Competition Team: Represent Lorne at 1 or more carnivals over the season culminating in Lifesaving Victoria State Championships 8/9/10 March. Join Lorne Nippers Squad on TeamApp for Comms & to RSVP.
- SRC Summer Intensive (U14): 28 Dec – 7 Jan. Cost $85.
The program focus is on lifesaving skills in and out of the water.
Pickup SRC kit on Dec 28th, meet under Magnolia next to the club at 10am.
Some important things to note for the programs
- Nippers need to arrive ready to participate.
- Each morning nippers will need to meet on the beach at your allocated location, not congregate on the grass in front of the clubhouse. Information on your daily meeting location will be provided in the nippers kit that should be collected on the afternoon of December 26.
- Nippers boards and any other club gear cannot be used or borrowed by nippers outside of the organised session times.
Gap Year Program (14 year olds post SRC, pre Bronze)
- Congratulations to last year’s SRCs! You are now active members. If you are 14 and therefore can’t do your Bronze this year, you are requested to participate in the Gap Year program.
- Gap Year is a great opportunity to “give back” for all the years of Nipper and SRC training provided to you. The gap year group provides Water Safety for the Nippers Summer Intensive. Additional opportunities include: Board Skills group and specialty leadership roles for Nippers program.
- Lorne SLSC is very proud of its youth members and encourages youth leadership. Responsibility Friendship & Fun. Our Lorne Youth have Gap Year 23/24, Bronze Medallion Camp 24/25 and Silver Medallion Camp 25/26 Season to look forward to as well as leadership and competition team opportunities and becoming part of a Patrol team.
- Note as active members of Lorne SLSC, SRCs are junior Patrolling members of Lorne SLSC and each year must complete “skills maintenance” or “requal” which is a short online refresher and then a practical session including a run/swim/run. Also all Active Members must have their own surf lifesaving login. You can log into your own member profile and check that your award is current. Without a current award you cannot use club boards, cannot patrol, provide water safety etc. You are covered under family membership while a fulltime student. Or you can have an individual membership.
- Please complete google form to signup for Gap Year programGap Year Registration Form