All members using the gym need to complete a form before use – click here to access the form and agree to these terms and conditions:
Lorne Surf Life Saving Club (“the Club”) Gymnasium Conditions of Use/Code of Conduct
1. Use of the Club’s Gymnasium (“the Gym”) is subject to the approval by the Club upon completion of a Lorne Surf Life Saving Club Gymnasium User Form. Forms can be found online at http://www.lornesurfclub.com.au.
2. Access to the gym is available to Lorne SLSC members who are financial, proficient, bronze medal holders aged 16 years or older.
3. Members aged under 16 years, including SRC’s, may use the gym subject to approval and under supervision only.
4. Each time you use the gym please complete the Gymnasium Sign In/Sign Out Sheet. The Gymnasium Sign In/Sign Out sheet is located inside the gym near the entrance.
5. No smoking, food or drink (other than plastic/metal bottles/water cooler) is permitted in the gym.
6. Do not remove equipment from the gym without supervisor approval.
7. Always use a towel for hygiene purposes and WIPE EQUIPMENT AFTER USE.
8. If you are the last person in the gym, switch off all electrical equipment and secure premises on leaving.
9. Lifters must use collars on bars and must not drop weights on floor.
10. Lifters must use spotters on all moderate to heavy sets.
11. Do not leave weights on the floor. Return all weights to racks after use.
12. Return all equipment to its allocated position (covers to be placed on ergos).
13. Gym users must dress appropriately at all times (ie. Closed shoes must be worn at all times. Lower body clothing: athletic shorts, tights or aerobic outfits. Upper body clothing: T-shirts, singlets, sweat shirts or tank tops required).
14. Respect your fellow gym users at all times. Do not make derogatory comments or use abusive language and do not engage in inappropriate or disruptive behaviour.